On September 2, 2020, the Chinese Chamber hosted a panel featuring:
* David Goodman, Ohio State University Chinese Flagship Program graduate and Executive Director, Advisory & Transaction Services for CBRE Shanghai
* Michael Copella, Managing Director CBRE Columbus
* Brendan Murray, JobsOhio (Brendan's presentation on Ohio's SiteOhio program will be shared in a separate Chinese Chamber News item)
Take-homes from David's and Michael's presentation (attached below) include:
- It is a renter's market in Shanghai office space
- China's swift and serious anti-Covid measures have allowed the Chinese domestic economy to begin approaching normalcy; international business in China is still severely impacted by the pandemic and pre-existing political-economic issues
- Columbus has some key projects under construction that, when the pandemic is past, will continue Columbus' ability to attract and retain young professionals.
Please feel free to contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org and Michael at Michael.Copella@cbre.com for questions on how to find commercial real estate in Shanghai and Columbus that meet your needs.
CBRE's presentation on commercial real estate in Shanghai and Columbus:
Original research from CBRE China: Why the Coronavirus could have a lasting impact on Asia-Pacific real estate:
Original research from CBRE China: China's response to Covid-19, Lessons for Landlords & Occupiers
Original research from CBRE China: Greater China Economic Updates (as of 5/26/20)