Fri, Jun 18|
Skills Employers Seek in Global Employees
Time & Location
Jun 18, 2021, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
About the Event
Nearly all industries have an international component, from selling goods and services abroad to using tools of the trade made in other countries.
In this roundtable event, our panelists discuss the skills that employers working across borders seek, and how educational institutions prepare learners for those jobs. Following brief statements by each guest speaker, an extended Q&A session will give the audience an opportunity to address their own interests.
Our panelists are:
- Mike Billman, EVP for Sales & Marketing, D-Terra Solutions
- Hannah Meyer, Vice President, Columbus Council on World Affairs
- Jane Palmer, Associate Director for Global Commerce Programs, Denison University
- Galal Walker, Director, National East Asian Language Resource Center, The Ohio State University
This event will be useful for:
* HR professionals interested in hearing what other companies and schools are doing to maintain a skilled global workforce
* Career office and guidance counselors at educational institutions
* Instructors in business and area studies
* Students interested in global careers
Following the event will be 30 minutes of small-group networking in virtual breakout rooms.
This event is free for Chinese Chamber members and $10/person for non-members. If you are not sure if your organization is a member, contact Pat McAloon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chinese Chamber Member Ticket
For individuals in Columbus Chinese Chamber member organizations. To see if your organization is a member, please visit https://www.columbuschinesechamber.org/current-members. If you are unsure, please contact us.
For individuals in organizations that are not currently members of the Greater Columbus Chinese Chamber of Commerce.