Networking and Job-Hunting Tips for International Students
On October 15, 2021, the Columbus Chinese Chamber teamed up with the Chinese Scholars and Students Society at OSU to present a panel discussion on how to network and look for work.
Our panelists were:
* Dr. Kevin Johnston, Scholaris Academic Editing (Chamber member)
* Amy Lei, JobsOhio (Chamber member)
* Bonnie Hou, Cardinal Health
* Michael Lehman, Abbott Nutition (Chamber member)
Top tips included:
* Introduce yourself to instructors you get along well with and keep in touch through school
* Develop a short, easy-to-remember story that describes who you are and how you work
* Keep a running list of accomplishments that can populate your resume and interview answers
Following the panel discussion, audience asked the panel questions before networking in virtual breakout rooms.
A recording of the event can be found at https://youtu.be/IwRX_YExa-4