Columbus Chinese Chamber of Commerce
Open Position: Executive Director
Scope and Duties: The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors for a full range of activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the key contact with Chamber members and the public;
- Act as administrator of Chinese Chamber’s operations, including financials;
- Maintain current membership and recruit new members;
- Coordinate Chamber programing, including promote, prepare and organize events;
- Support Board with long range planning, and act as liaison with a variety of constituents.
- Display leadership characteristics (organization, negotiation, and diplomacy).
- Ability to speak to individuals at all levels in an organization.
- Proficiency in the use of Internet, Social Media and MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High awareness of American and Chinese cultures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, committee members, volunteers, intern, governmental units, civic groups and the general public.
- A demonstrated commitment to and vision for the mission of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- The position requires approximately 15-20 hours per week; hours and work location are flexible.
- Bilingual Mandarin a strong plus.
- Salary will commensurate with skills and experience; salary will include base compensation, plus commissions.
- The Board will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
For a long time, resources for US-China business promotion in Columbus was spread among a handful of small organizations and private individuals. Believing that collaboration can lead to greater growth, business leaders in Central Ohio, with the support of Columbus 2020, formed the Columbus Chinese Chamber in March of 2015. The Mission of the Greater Columbus Chinese Chamber of Commerce is to promote, support and foster business, education and cultural relationships among three major groups:
1. Local American businesses that are doing business with China;
2. Local Chinese-American Businesses;
3. Chinese companies interested in investing in Central Ohio
The Chamber is a platform where all three business groups can regularly get together, share information, exchange ideas and leverage resources. You can learn more at: http://www.columbuschinesechamber.org/
Please send resume and cover letter by July 9, 2018 to:
ATTN: Monica Xia, Board Chair
Greater Columbus Chinese Chamber of Commerce
21 E. State St., Suite 2200
Columbus, OH 43215
Or you can email to: email@example.com